|This has been sitting in my drafts folder for about a month. I finally got around to finishing it off and posting it 🙂|
This is going to a be a relatively short but sweet post. Life has been a bit heckers at the moment, but I have been making things. Here’s a quick post about my latest frolic in yarn footwear after making these and these.
After my first (and favourite) slippers finally bit the dust I decided I really wanted to make another pair. So using some acrylic 8ply in my stash and a 4mm hook I cast on. If you follow me on Instagram you would have seen these…
I posted a few #pippyslippers progress pics on Twitter too 🙂
I’ve also Ravelled them here
- Scraps of 8ply acrylic yarn in my stash
Changes I made this time
- I didn’t follow along with the colour changes made in the pattern
- Added a couple of extra rows at the heel
What I Like
- I’m loving the colours and the fit on these are pleasantly a little looser. It will be interest to see how they wear.
What I don’t like
- I somehow managed to make one slipper slightly wider than the other. Woops! 🙂
Changes for next time
- One day I’ll follow along with the colour changes in the pattern
- A two tone pair like these would be lovely!
|Pattern||Pippy Slippers from Meet Me at Mikes||$0.00|
|Yarn||Scraps from stash||$0.00|
|Time||7 hours (* $17-ish Australian minimum wage)
(verrry rough estimate)
The only thing I had to account for when making these was my time. I already had the yarn and the hook. Winner, winner, chicken dinner 🙂
These were a great thing to make while listening to podcasts and drinking tea. They are going to be great to wear around the house when it’s too cool for bare feet but too warm for ugg boots 🙂
Do you like to remake your favourites?
Have you ever made footwear?
Do you crochet?
Let me know in the comments 🙂