Ever since I started sewing again a couple of years back I’ve wanted to make a Drndle skirt. I finally got around to doing it recently.
I bought this olive green broadcloth aaages ago. I didn’t have any specific plans for it, but it was one of the colours from my colour palette after my analysis.
The basic steps of construction were as follows:
Interface the front half of the waistband
Baste 3 rows if gathering thread at top of skirt pieces
Gather the skirt pieces
Stitch cotton tape to back of gathering
Insert invisible zipper
Overlock waistband edges
Create little tag
Attach waist band front
Stitch each waistband tab
Stitch on the ditch between skirt and waistband (catching back of waistband at the same time)
Sew button hole
Hem with blind hem stitch
I created a little loop to act as a tag of sorts as I like having a quick reference to know how I should be wearing my clothes.
I attached the snaps to make it waist to put the skirt on as the snaps are quick and simple to attach the skirt before buttoning and zipping.
I have recently been trying to avoid shopping for creative supplies as I tend to buy a lot of “necessary” extra items. I’m frying to stash bust and bring some of my sewing plans to fruition. So the button I used came from a button value pack.
I used the blind hem stitch on my sewing machine. The stitches pull, probably because its a double tum hem. I can handle it, considering I was in a hurry to finish it.
I was jumping on a plane to go on a holiday the next day.
l specially ironed for photos because being cotton she wrinkles like a bloody prune!
Tell me about a time when you completed a project you’ve been meaning to do for ages.
Until next time, I hope you are bringing some of your creative plans to fruition.